“Structural Integration”, but it’s actually quite simple: we help to allow things to move back in place in alignment.
What makes Structural Integration beautiful is the process of The 10 Series. Each session is thoughtfully and individually crafted, with every session building on the previous session, and towards the next. There are many ways to heal, but over the decades, the original Recipe of Dr. Ida P. Rolf has stood the test of time (and even to self-proclaimed skeptics like myself).
This series works through the entire body to align and organize separate parts together, and achieve a body that is an order of magnitude greater than the sum of its parts.
Clients often report relief from chronic pain, feeling more balanced, feeling lighter and younger, more resilient, improvements with posture (validated by optional before and after photos), and an overall sense of physical and emotional wholeness.
We use the 10-series as a template to guide your healing process and reconnect (better acquaint) your nervous system with your muscles, so that your old patterns of movement (and yes, thought) can be reset, and replace them with movement and breath that makes you feel at home in your body again.
We systematically address your whole body with skillful touch, guiding movement awareness. This process transforms your body as a journey format (with a clear beginning, middle, and end), and has esoteric roots which intelligently designed you to unwind from old movement (and yes, thought) patterns.
During your 10-Series, your practitioner is not the healer. Your own body is. We merely act a guide to help facilitate you discovered how to allow your body to function better.
Our role in this process is to help you:
- Recognize patterns of tension that no longer serve you.
- Discover new options for movement/posture.
- Explore useful ways of thinking about your physical experience.
- Apply relevant self-care strategies to support your continued well-being.
CONDITIONS WHICH OFTEN IMPROVE WITH STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION
While we most often recommend the Structural Integration Series because it gets to the root cause of as many issues we can find in your connective tissues, it is possible to start by trying one session, and see how much progress we can make on your single problem-area.
Note: although it sounds too good to be true that one modality can create a resolution to so many conditions, the science and personal experience of the many thousands confirm my continued confidence and gratitude for this work.
Some of the conditions we help my clients reduce symptoms from:
- Chronic pain and Fibromyalgia
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Bunions and Foot Issues
- Symptoms of PTSD
- Ankle and Knee Pain
- Whiplash and Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Immobility
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Relearning more efficient movement patterns
- Wrist Weakness
- Neck Pain + Tension
- Lack of Guidance
- Low Self-Esteem
- Posture + Misalignment
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
- Knee + Hip Replacement
- Injury + Treatment Recovery
- Lack of Motivation
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Back Pain, Lordosis, Kyphosis
- SI Joint Dysfunction
- Pelvic Pain
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Decreased mobility after surgery, or cancer treatment
- Rib Injuries
- “Tennis” or “Golfer’s” Elbow
- Fear + Intimidation
- Lack of Confidence
- Lower Back Pain
- Tight Muscles
- Abdominal Diastasis
- Surgery Recovery
- Lack of Movement
- Core Weakness
- Disc Herniation
Reasons for Seeking Structural Integration Include:
- You want relief from chronic pain, stress, fatigue, or general discomfort.
- Your suspect your issues are job or age-related.
- You have been through many different therapies with little success.
- You are looking into conservative options before drugs or surgery.
- You want to restore your body after giving birth.
- You’re an athlete, dancer, actor, singer, musician or otherwise be looking to improve your performance.
- You’re a meditator or yoga practitioner who wants to go deeper in your practice.
- You’ve tried other therapies, but are looking for something else. SI isn’t intended as a replacement for other approaches, but can be complementary to many.
- You already feel good in your body, but want to explore new ways to explore your bodily awareness
Learn more about “The 10-Series”
Try the First-Session.